Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jackson Cade

The day we had been waiting for had finally arrived... it was time to prepare for the birth of our baby boy! Jack and I spent the day getting prepared. We cleaned the entire house, did last minute touches to his nursery, packed our bags, picked out his going home outfit, and put his things in his diaper bag.



I checked in the hospital on November 20th at 8 p.m. to begin my induction. Although his due date was just 5 days away, my doctor wanted to go ahead and begin the process due to my high blood pressure. My contractions began at 8 o'clock the next morning. At first they just felt like menstrual cramps, but the pain slowly got worse so I asked for an epidural. Before I explain anything else, let me just say that my body is very sensitive to any pain medicine so I was very nervous about getting an epidural. The anesthesiologist was supposed to give me 10 cc and he accidentally gave me 100 cc which they didn't realize until I was nauseous and numb from the shoulders down! About 2 hours later, I was feeling much better.



Once I was dilated enough, I was able to begin pushing. I pushed for over an hour and we weren't making any progress. His head was faced up and it needed to be faced down. My doctor decided we needed to do a c-section. This was very scary for me because I was not expecting to do that. Jack and my mom had to get scrubs on and they rolled me into a very bright operating room.



So after a long day of labor, my handsome baby was finally here at 8:45 p.m. on November 21, 2011 weighing 7.12 pounds and 20 inches long. I have never felt the kind of love I feel for him! He is absolutely perfect from head to toe and I could literally spend my day just staring at him.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing/scary/joyful experience...all in one day!!
    Thank you SO much for my wonderful Grandson!!! I fall in love with him more and more each day!
    Watching the two of you with Jackson has made me so proud. I've watched you work together taking care of him and Jack taking care of my Daughter. I've said this already, but I want everyone to know how he was during your C-section...I have always known that Jack loved you, but after Jackson was born, Jack would not leave your side in the operating room. He told me to go let the family know about Jackson, but he was NOT leaving your side...he was not leaving his wife! I am so happy that my Daughter has such an amazing husband that loves her so much and now an amazing son! What more could a Mother ask for for their child?
    Thank you both for letting me experience the birth of Jackson! I don't think I could ever express how much that meant to me.
    I am looking forward to watching this little man grow up!

    I love you all so very much!
    Mom / Grandma <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sam. He is gorgeous! You did an amazing job and I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete